To propose a case, please e-mail a short description and the learning objectives, as well as the author names, to email@example.com
. Your proposal will be reviewed and, if the editors are interested, you will be invited to submit the paper for consideration. [Please note that LabQ is published once a year and that cases are requested up to nine months in advance to allow for editing, revision, and publication.] Please feel free to contact the managing editor with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org
ASCP LabQ offers an easy way to earn credits toward Credential Maintenance. LabQ is an online self-paced study tool composed of 18 real-life case studies designed to provide education specifically for practicing laboratory technologists. The cases present challenges faced in the lab and demonstrate how the laboratory professional or team resolves these problems.
To purchase, please select your preference from the drop-down menu below.
- 36 hours of CMLE credit (2 credits per exercise)-credits earned immediately after completing post-test
- 9 hours of total credit offered in each of the following areas: clinical chemistry, clinical immunology, hematology, microbiology, molecular diagnostics, and transfusion medicine
- At least 2 credit hours offered in patient and lab safety
- Cases typically include laboratory results, tables, figures, digital images, and reference links to additional information and research
- Certificates available for immediate download and printing
Interested in phlebotomy education for lab professionals? Purchase the Lab-Q Phlebotomy and receive four case studies for a total of 8 CMLE credits. Go to www.ascp.org/LabQ-P