ASCP has published study guides and books to help your students prepare for the certification/licensure examination.
BOC Study Guide: Clinical Laboratory Certification Examinations Book and Bundle
- 2,500 questions anytime, anywhere
- Updated and expanded edition now includes molecular pathology, lab information, safety and much more.
- Buy the bundle and access on any device browser with internet access.
- The Study Guide can be purchased separately in paperback or app format.
BOC Study Guide: Histotechnology Certification Examination
- Covers all areas on the BOC HT and HTL exams, including fixation, processing, microtomy, staining and lab operations.
- Over 1,100 multiple choice questions
- Practice questions presented in a format and style similar to the exam
- Valuable information about the development, content, structure and scoring of the exam
Online Practice Tests
Purchase of the Online Practice Tests includes:
- 90 day online access
- Comprehensive diagnostic scores
- Discussion Boards
Online Practice Tests are available for the following certification exam.
- Medical Laboratory Scientist (MLS)
- Medical Laboratory Technician (MLT)
- Phlebotomy Technician (PBT)
- Cytotechnologist (CT)
- Specialist in Chemistry (SC)
- Histotechnician (HT)
- Histotechnologist (HTL)
Laboratory Student Member
Encourage Your Students to Join ASCP
Your students are eligible to be a Laboratory Student Member if they are enrolled in a regionally accredited college/university science program or a medical laboratory science program approved by an appropriate accrediting agency.
Laboratory Student Member Benefits
Laboratory Student Membership - Free
- Virtual ID card
- Online & print subscription to Critical Values
- Online subscriptions to the American Journal of Clinical Pathology (AJCP) and Lab Medicine
- Daily Diagnosis email news, ONELab Memos and ePolicy News
- Exclusive discounts on annual meetings, educational products and services
- Valuable savings through our Member Rewards Program
- Add options to your membership after signing up
The Value of an ASCP Laboratory Student Membership
- Access to the most current scientific content through AJCP and Lab Medicine
- Stay abreast of changes affecting policy related to the laboratory
- Access to key thought leaders
- Connect to a network of students like you
Gain recognition for your efforts and apply for the ASCP National Student Honor Award and other opportunities.
ASCP Laboratory Program Development GrantsASCP’s Laboratory Program Development Grants to help laboratory science programs educate and empower future medical laboratory professionals.
Grants of up to $2,500 are available to support:
- Ongoing or new research projects
- New supplies and other equipment
- Advertising and outreach efforts to promote the profession
- Or education for staff or students
To apply, programs must:
- Be NAACLS or CAAHEP accredited. Programs that have gained "serious applicant status" by NAACLS are also eligible to apply.
- Have at least one leader of the program as an ASCP member.
How to Apply
- Complete the online Grant Application
- Include a project abstract.
- Attach a project overview.