ASCP Board of Directors
The ASCP Board of Directors governs the activities of the Society and is responsible for its fiscal viability and for achieving our mission of providing excellence in education, certification, and advocacy on behalf of patients, pathologists and laboratory professionals.
- Must be an ASCP member in good standing
- Must be willing to devote the necessary time and commitment to the Board of Directors
- Board of Directors are elected as described in the ASCP Bylaws
- Board members also may be asked to serve as a member for an ASCP Commission or Committee which would require additional time commitment
- Past ASCP volunteer service is highly recommended
Time CommitmentThe Board of Directors holds three, face-to-face meetings per year.
Board of Directors Composition
- President, President-elect, Vice President, and immediate Past President, who all serve one year terms.
- Secretary, Treasurer, and eight at-large members, who all serve three year terms, renewable once for a maximum of six years.
- In addition, there are ex-officio members: the Chairs of the Fellow Council, the Council of Laboratory Professionals and the Resident Council, the Chair-elect of the Council of Laboratory Professionals, and the Chair of the International Commission.
OverviewEach member of the committee is responsible for soliciting and presenting nominations for the ASCP Board of Directors and BOC BOG. Potential nominees are reviewed for elective positions. The committee prepares a final slate of nominees for the Board of Directors that will be voted on by the membership. The committee also notifies the membership of the slate according to ASCP bylaws.
Time CommitmentThe committee meets via conference call as needed.
- The membership includes the Immediate Past President as chair, three Fellows, three Members and one Resident.
- The term for the committee members is 1 year, renewable twice for a total of three years.
- The term for the chair is one year.
The committee reviews and advises on all proposed changes to the Society’s bylaws referred by the Board of Directors and reports to the Board and membership for adoption.
The Bylaws Committee has conference calls as needed, approximately 3-5 calls per year.
- The chair has a one year term renewable five times for a total of six years.
- The members have a three year term renewable twice for a total of nine years.
- Members of the committee must be a member of the ASCP Board of Directors