ASCP Board of Directors
The ASCP Board of Directors governs the activities of the Society and is responsible for its fiscal viability and for achieving our mission of providing excellence in education, certification, and advocacy on behalf of patients, pathologists and laboratory professionals.
- Must be an ASCP member in good standing
- Must be willing to devote the necessary time and commitment to the Board of Directors
- Board of Directors are elected as described in the ASCP Bylaws
- Board members also may be asked to serve as a member for an ASCP Commission or Committee which would require additional time commitment
- Past ASCP volunteer service is highly recommended
The Board of Directors holds three, face-to-face meetings per year.
Call for ASCP Board of Director Nominations
Board Nomination Deadline: February 7, 2020 - CLOSED
The deadline to submit nominations for the open 2020 Board positions has passed and is now closed.
What is the process for nominations and elections?
Annually, the ASCP Nominations Committee solicits nominations for open positions. Please check back in January 2021 for the next call for nominations.
Board of Directors Composition
- President, President-elect, Vice President, and immediate Past President, who all serve one year terms.
- Secretary, Treasurer, and eight at-large members, who all serve three year terms, renewable once for a maximum of six years.
- In addition, there are ex-officio members: the Chairs of the Fellow Council, the Council of Laboratory Professionals and the Resident Council, the Chair-elect of the Council of Laboratory Professionals, and the Chair of the International Commission.
OverviewEach member of the committee is responsible for soliciting and presenting nominations for the ASCP Board of Directors and BOC BOG. Potential nominees are reviewed for elective positions. The committee prepares a final slate of nominees for the Board of Directors that will be voted on by the membership. The committee also notifies the membership of the slate according to ASCP bylaws.
Time CommitmentThe committee meets via conference call as needed.
The committee reviews and advises on all proposed changes to the Society’s bylaws referred by the Board of Directors and reports to the Board and membership for adoption.
The Bylaws Committee has conference calls as needed, approximately 3-5 calls per year.
Finance CommitteeThe primary goal of the committee is to ensure the fiscal health of the Society and recommend significant financial policies for Board approval. Additionally, the committee recommends the fiscal year budget for approval by the ASCP Board of Directors.
Time CommitmentThe committee meets approximately four to six times per year via conference call for about one hour each meeting. The committee holds one face-to-face meeting during the ASCP Leadership Forum.
Treasurer, ASCP Board of Directors
The Finance Committee consists of the ASCP Treasurer who serves as the Chair, the President Elect, one Fellow, one Member, and one member representing the BOG BOC.
The Chair has a one year term renewable five times (for a total of 6 terms). The members of the committee have a three year term renewable twice for a total of nine years.
ASCP Foundation Board of Trustees
The mission of the ASCP Foundation is to promote excellence in laboratory medicine on behalf of patients, pathologists, and laboratory professionals across the globe. The ASCP Foundation is the philanthropic arm of ASCP.
- Must be an ASCP member in good standing.
- Must be willing to devote the necessary time and commitment to the Board of Trustees.
- Must be available to meet via conference call, and in-person once per year.
- Have reliable access to internet and email.
- Attend 1 Leadership Forum onsite meeting per year.
- Participate in at least 1 conference call per year.
- Serve on workgroups as needed and/or desired. (Workgroup conference calls are scheduled as needed.)
Chair, ASCP Foundation Board of Trustees
- 1 Chair
- 3 to 4 members of the Board of Directors, including the ASCP Treasurer
- 1 Fellow member
- 1 Laboratory Professional member
- 1 additional member
Terms are two years, renewable three times.
Apply to Volunteer
Click below to learn more about the application process and access the volunteer application.