Back to Lab Management University Advanced Certificate of Completion
Introducing LMU Advanced, a new collection of advanced topics in laboratory management, from the creators of Lab Management University.
LMU Advanced is best geared toward anyone who has completed the 25-credit LMU Fundamentals program, as well as experienced laboratory supervisors, managers and directors, and pathologists who are well-versed in management concepts.
Help me decide which program is right for me!
This 25-credit program consists of 10 new online, self-paced courses on advanced topic areas, plus an innovative 15-credit personal portfolio development course.
Online courses cover 6 core competency areas of laboratory management:
- Personnel Management
- Financial Management
The portfolio development course will guide you through the development, creation, setup and deployment of your own web-based professional portfolio. You will assemble key documents and work samples that demonstrate your competency in key areas that are important to employers. You receive samples and guided instruction along the way.
Then, you will be guided through the option to upload and deploy your portfolio online, to make publicly available. You'll be able to easily share it with potential employers, link to it from your LinkedIn page, or distribute it in any way you wish.
LMU Advanced Course Topics:
(visit the LMU site to read descriptions of each course)
- Analyzing and Managing Workflow in the Lab
- Lean Quality Improvement: A Practical Approach
- Managing the Utilization Of Diagnostic Tests: Developing a Laboratory Utilization Management Program
- Project Management
- Strategic Planning and Performance Analysis for Your Pathology Practice Budget
- CPT Coding and Medicare Payments: Preparing for 2015 and Beyond
- Pathology Personnel and The Challenge of Change
- The Benefits of Mentoring in the Pathology Department
- Harnessing Automation and Informatics to Improve Quality, Efficiency, and Turnaround Time in the Clinical Laboratory
- How to Develop an Individualized Quality Control Plan: Laboratory Risk Management in Action!