Gain Practical, Personalized Knowledge You Can Apply in Your Lab Today
At the ASCP 2018 Annual Meeting, you will build advanced skills and discover the latest innovations directly applicable to your practice. Choose from over 250 hours of practical scientific education presented by some of the most respected leaders in the field today.
Understand the Trends and Innovations Shaping the Future of Health Care
The healthcare environment is rapidly changing, with new technologies and practices revolutionizing the diagnostic medicine profession. Prepare for the challenges ahead as globally-recognized change agents and respected experts share their knowledge and skills about the critical issues and emerging trends affecting our profession.
Get the Certification Support You Need All in One Place
Choose from a wealth of educational sessions offering credits toward your CMP or MOC requirements and complete your requirement in just three days.
Pathologists: Get all the SAM credits you need for MOC
Pathologists under MOC can earn up to 19.5 hours of SAM CME credit at the ASCP 2018 Annual Meeting, completing your entire two-year SAM credit requirement in just three days.
With the majority of our educational sessions offering SAM credits and 100+ sessions offering you up to 22.5 total CME credits, the ASCP 2018 Annual Meeting has the education you need to stay current.
Lab Professionals: Discover education to keep you current under CMP
For laboratory professionals, the ASCP 2018 Annual Meeting makes earning CE credits toward CMP easy, with up to 22.5 CMLE credits available throughout the meeting. Choose from sessions covering every topic area needed to meet your three-year recertification requirement.
Featured Sessions Led by the Top Minds in your Field
At the ASCP 2018 Annual Meeting, you’ll find practical content in essential focus areas taught by some of the most respected leaders in the field, gaining knowledge to immediately improve patient care.
Examples of Past Featured Sessions
- NeXtGen Laboratory Staffing: Surviving the Laboratory Professional Tsunami – APF Session
- Using Big Data to Improve Patient Care in the Laboratory: Building the ASCP National Pathology Quality Registry
- The Cost of Quality: What Can Your Institution Afford? – APF Session
- ASCP and PEPFAR: History, Impact, and Lessons Learned
- Laboratory Utilization in the Hospital and Community Setting: Tricks of the Trade – APF Session
Renowned Speakers Covering Crucial Topics
Hear from leaders in the field about critical issues and emerging trends affecting pathology and lab medicine today at our thought-provoking General Sessions.
Past General Session Speakers
- Deborah L. Birx, MD, Coordinator of the United States Government Activities to Combat HIV/AIDS and U.S. Special Representative for Global Health Diplomacy
- Paul Farmer, MD, PhD, Chair of the Department of Global Health and Social Medicine at Harvard Medical School
- Sanjay Gupta, MD, Emmy-award winning Chief Medical Correspondent for CNN
2018 Call for Abstracts is Now Open!
Presenting your research at the ASCP 2018 Annual Meeting in Baltimore, Maryland, October 3-5, 2018, will showcase your knowledge and dedication to discovery in front of a prestigious global audience.
The Process Is as Easy as 1 – 2 – 3
- Submit Abstract - Summarize your hard work in 300 words or less, and submit online by March 21, 2018.
- Get Noticed - Presenting at the ASCP 2018 Annual Meeting gives you instant credibility and puts your research up for discussion in front of peers and internationally renowned faculty.
- Become a Big Deal - Prizes are just the beginning. Past entries have garnered national media attention, catalyzed significant changes at their institutions, and fast-tracked backing for expanded research. Cue the confetti!!!
Be a Really Big Deal
The top posters in their category are selected as best of the best with a “Best Poster” award.
Best Poster Categories:
- Best International Poster
- Best Resident Poster
- Best Education Poster
- Best Lab Practice Poster
- Best Scientific Poster
- Best Case Study Poster (New for 2018)
Submit your abstract and good luck!
Present Your Poster In Baltimore!
Beat the rush this year and submit now! Multiple submissions will be accepted.
Submission deadline is March 21, 2018.
"Being recognized as a Best Poster award winner gave me the opportunity to implement process improvements that will save money and staff time in my lab. Winning this award is a catalyst for my colleagues to do more."
-Su-Chieh Pamela Sun, MT(ASCP), MPA, Supervisor, Central Laboratory, New York-Presbyterian Hospital-Weill Cornell Medical Center, New York