ASCP Board of Directors
The ASCP Board of Directors governs the activities of the Society and is responsible for its fiscal viability and for achieving our mission of providing excellence in education, certification, and advocacy on behalf of patients, pathologists and laboratory professionals.
- Must be an ASCP member in good standing
- Must be willing to devote the necessary time and commitment to the Board of Directors
- Board of Directors are elected as described in the ASCP Bylaws
- Board members also may be asked to serve as a member for an ASCP Commission or Committee which would require additional time commitment
- Past ASCP volunteer service is highly recommended
The Board of Directors holds three, face-to-face meetings per year.
Call for Nominations
The ASCP Nominations Committee is seeking nominations for the ASCP Board of Directors by February 8, 2019.
Board of Directors Composition
- President, President-elect, Vice President, and immediate Past President, who all serve one year terms.
- Secretary, Treasurer, and eight at-large members, who all serve three year terms, renewable once for a maximum of six years.
- In addition, there are ex-officio members: the Chairs of the Fellow Council, the Council of Laboratory Professionals and the Resident Council, the Chair-elect of the Council of Laboratory Professionals, and the Chair of the International Commission.
OverviewEach member of the committee is responsible for soliciting and presenting nominations for the ASCP Board of Directors and BOC BOG. Potential nominees are reviewed for elective positions. The committee prepares a final slate of nominees for the Board of Directors that will be voted on by the membership. The committee also notifies the membership of the slate according to ASCP bylaws.
Time CommitmentThe committee meets via conference call as needed.
- The membership includes the Immediate Past President as chair, three Fellows, three Members and one Resident.
- The term for the committee members is 1 year, renewable twice for a total of three years.
- The term for the chair is one year.
The committee reviews and advises on all proposed changes to the Society’s bylaws referred by the Board of Directors and reports to the Board and membership for adoption.
The Bylaws Committee has conference calls as needed, approximately 3-5 calls per year.
- The chair has a one year term renewable five times for a total of six years.
- The members have a three year term renewable twice for a total of nine years.
- Members of the committee must be a member of the ASCP Board of Directors
Finance CommitteeThe primary goal of the committee is to ensure the fiscal health of the Society and recommend significant financial policies for Board approval. Additionally, the committee recommends the fiscal year budget for approval by the ASCP Board of Directors.
Time CommitmentThe committee meets approximately four to six times per year via conference call for about one hour each meeting. The committee holds one face-to-face meeting during the ASCP Leadership Forum.
Treasurer, ASCP Board of Directors
The Finance Committee consists of the ASCP Treasurer who serves as the Chair, the President Elect, one Fellow, one Member, and one member representing the BOG BOC.
The Chair has a one year term renewable five times (for a total of 6 terms). The members of the committee have a three year term renewable twice for a total of nine years.