ASCP is committed to advancing laboratory medicine by recognizing future leaders in the profession. If your students have demonstrated academic excellence, community service and leadership, nominate them for an ASCP National Student Honor Award!
Up to 10 laboratory science students will be selected to receive this prestigious honor, along with a personalized certificate and a BOC Study Guide book of their choosing. Students may not apply or self-nominate; however, program directors or instructors may nominate multiple students for this award.
To be eligible for nomination, students must meet the following requirements:
- Be a current Lab Science Student Member of ASCP. Student membership is FREE!
- Have a minimum GPA of 3.3 on a 4.0 scale.
- Demonstrate leadership and community service participation.
- Be in one of the following categories:
- Completing the final clinical year of an accredited MLS, MLT, PA, CT, HTL, MB, or CG program.
- Completing a clinical internship for an accredited MLS or CT program.
- Enrolled in an accredited, hospital-based MLS program.
- Enrolled in an accredited PBT, HT or MLA program.
Students from NAACLS accredited programs; programs that have attained “serious applicant” status from NAACLS; CAAHEP accredited programs; and MLT programs accredited by ABHES are eligible. Nominations are due March 31, 2017 – click here to nominate your students.