Achievement deserves recognition. In an effort to encourage and support individuals interested in laboratory professions, the ASCP is pleased to offer awards to laboratory students in their fourth or final clinical year of study.
Awarded annually and based on academic achievement, leadership ability, community activities, professional goals, and endorsements from faculty and community leaders, ASCP awards are among the most highly sought-after in the industry. Those who qualify for the awards will receive certificates from ASCP.
National Student Honor Award
This award recognizes student excellence in the laboratory professions. To qualify for the award, applicants must:
- Be a student member of ASCP;
- Have a minimum GPA of 3.3 on a 4.0 scale; and
- Demonstrate leadership and community service activity participation.
To qualify, the students must meet one of the following requirements:
- Be in the final clinical year of an accredited MLS/MT, MLT, PA, CT, HTL, MB, or CG program;
- Be completing a clinical internship for an accredited MLS/MT; or CT program;
- Be enrolled in an accredited hospital-based MLS/MT program; or
- Be enrolled in an accredited PBT or HT program.
The National Student Honor Award application is available at www.ascp.org/NSHA.