National Student Honor Award Program Application
Achievement deserves recognition. In an effort to encourage
and support individuals interested in laboratory professions,
the ASCP is pleased to offer awards to laboratory students in
their fourth or final clinical year of study.
Awarded annually and based on academic achievement, leadership
ability, community activities, professional goals, and endorsements
from faculty and community leaders. Those who qualify for the awards
will receive certificates from ASCP.
National Student Honor Award
This award recognizes student excellence in the laboratory professions.
To qualify for the award, applicants must:
- Be a current Lab Science student member of ASCP*
- Have a minimum GPA of 3.3 on a 4.0 scale
- Demonstrate leadership and community service activity participation.
To qualify, the students must meet one of the following requirements:
- Be in your final clinical year in an accredited MLS/MT, MLT, PA, CT, HTL, MB, or CG program;
- Be completing a clinical internship for an accredited MLS/MT or CT program;
- Be enrolled in an accredited hospital based MLS/MT program; or
- Be enrolled in an accredited PBT or HT program.
On-line applications will be available October 22, 2014. The deadline for applications is March 4, 2015.
If you are not a student member and wish to apply for this award, please join today
(membership is free
). The ASCP National Student Honor Award does not have monetary value.
View the 2013 National Student Honor Award Recipients. See the 2014 NSHA recipient list here.