Pathology Informatics: Theory & Practice (eBook)
Order # 6197 | ISBN: 9780891896197
Liron Pantanowitz, MD; J. Mark Tuthill, MD; Ulysses Balis, MD
ASCP eBooks Have Arrived!
Your favorite ASCP Press books are now available for your tablet, computer and smartphone. Access ASCP's 'gold-standard' pathology and laboratory medicine publications wherever and whenever you need them.
Pathology Informatics: Theory & Practice is the first multi-authored, current and comprehensive compendium of the diverse and rapidly expanding field of pathology informatics.
It includes all of the critical and practical advice for management, operations, budgeting, and project planning and will serve as a comprehensive review of the field for students, pathologists, and laboratory professionals. This book deals with the role of computing hardware, software and databases involved in the efficient information management for pathology practice, as well as the fundamental science of informatics that is so deeply embedded in this subspecialty.
The text builds from basic principles of computer theory to more sophisticated informatics concepts.
- Databases and data mining; networks and workstations; system interfaces and interoperability.
- Bioinformatics, imaging informatics, clinical informatics, and public health informatics.
- Automation and middleware that facilitate complex workflows encountered in both anatomic and clinical pathology practice.
- Molecular testing and point of care solutions.
- Coding and nomenclature.
- Standards in Laboratory Information Systems (LIS) and imaging systems.
- Project management and business skills.
- Pathology reporting.
- Electronic medical records.
- Specimen tracking and identification.
- Error reduction and quality management.
- Training and education in pathology informatics.
How to Access Your eBook:
To order, complete your purchase here, in the ascp.org bookstore. Then
download the free "ASCP eBooks" app, available for iOS and
Android platforms. Log in to the app with the same ascp.org user
credentials used when placing your order. Your eBooks will be available
for download automatically within the app.
ASCP eBook Features
Now you can access great ASCP Press content right from your tablet, computer or mobile device. Key features include:
- Read online or offline at any time
- All of your eBooks are stored within your ASCP eBooks app, and in your account on ascp.org
- Bookmark, highlight and type notes throughout each book, and easily access all notations for quick reference
- Double-tap to enlarge high-resolution images and figures
- Search the entire text of a book with ease
- Quickly jump to chapters, figures, references and more
- Control font size, brightness, and theme settings
Browse and purchase all eBooks online at ascp.org/ebooks