BOC Study Guide for the Clinical Laboratory Certification Examinations, 5th Edition
Order # 5879 | ISBN: 9780891895879
Patricia A. Tanabe, MPA, MLS(ASCP)CM
E. Blair Holladay, PhD, SCT(ASCP)CM
ASCP Board of Certification Staff
The 5th Edition of The Board of Certifcation Study Guide – the authoritative study tool for preparing for the ASCP Board of Certification (BOC) Medical Laboratory Scientist (MLS) and Medical Laboratory Technician (MLT) certification examinations – has been updated and expanded to include new sections on molecular pathology, lab information, safety, answers and explanations for each question, and much more.
|The BOC Study Guide App
Purchase the book together with the new app for one low price!
- 2,500 updated questions from the 5th Edition Study Guide
- Quiz, Flashcard & Mock Exam modes
- Drill down by topic area or shuffle all
- For iPhone & Android phones
More than 2,000 multiple-choice questions are presented in a format and style similar to those on the actual BOC certification examination. They’re also organized within the chapters to correspond to the major content areas on the examination.
New features requested by users of the previous edition have now been added –
- Each practice question now includes an answer and a brief explanation, with suggestions for additional information sources for more information
- Note – at a glance – whether a question is appropriate for both MT/MLS and MLT levels or MT/MLS only
- Zero in on a specific topic within a chapter and access questions that relate to that topic
- Questions with images appear as they would on the exam.
Questions and answers are included for every key laboratory specialty – blood bank, chemistry, hematology, immunology, operations, microbiology, molecular pathology, and urinalysis and body fluids.
484 Pages | 2,000+ Questions | Paperback