National Student Honor Award Program Application
In an effort to encourage and support individuals interested in laboratory professions, the ASCP is pleased to offer the National Student Honor Award (NSHA) to laboratory students.
Awarded annually, the NSHA is based on academic achievement, leadership ability, community activities, professional goals, and endorsements from faculty and community leaders. Those who qualify for the awards will receive certificates from ASCP. (Please note: the NSHA does not have monetary value.)
To qualify for the award, applicants must:
- Be a current Lab Science student member of ASCP*
- Have a minimum GPA of 3.3 on a 4.0 scale
- Demonstrate leadership and community service activity participation
- And meet one of the following requirements:
- In the final clinical year in an accredited MLS/MT, MLT, PA, CT, HTL, MB, or CG program;
- Completing a clinical internship for an accredited MLS/MT or CT program;
- Enrolled in an accredited hospital based MLS/MT program; or
- Enrolled in an accredited PBT or HT program.
Click here to see the 2015 National Student Honor Award recipients.
View the 2013 National Student Honor Award Recipients and the 2014 National Student Honor Award Recipients here.
*If you are not a student member and wish to apply for this award, join today- laboratory student membership is FREE!