BOC Landing Page

The Board of Certification helps you advance your career.

The Board of Certification helps you advance your career.

For all laboratory professionals, the ASCP Board of Certification (BOC) is here to help you maintain your certification and excel in your career!

As the oldest and largest certification agency for laboratory professionals, the BOC has certified more than 500,000 individuals since it was established and has become the gold standard for certification of laboratory personnel. ASCP's 2013 Wage Survey of U.S. Clinical Laboratories found that certified laboratory professionals earn more than their non-certified counterparts.  

To read more about the BOC, click here. For a list of shortcuts/aliases to current BOC Web pages, click here.

Document and Verify your academic education

If college credits are required for the Qualification, you must submit an official transcript or transcript evaluation as described below:

  • An official transcript from a regionally accredited college/university bearing the seal of the college/university, the signature of the Registrar and the date your degree was conferred must be submitted to our office.

    Regionally accredited colleges or universities are accredited by one of the following associations:
    • Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools (MSA)
    • Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities (NWCCU)
    • North Central Association of Colleges and Schools (NCA-HLC)
    • New England Association of Schools and Colleges, Inc. (NEASC-CIHE)
    • Southern Association of Colleges and Schools/Commission on Colleges (SACS/CC)
    • Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC-ACCJR) 

  • Academic work completed at colleges and universities outside of the United States and Canada. Only evaluations from listed agencies (PDF) will be accepted. Contact the agency directly for information on obtaining an evaluation verifying degree equivalency and a subject breakdown. The original or notarized copy of the evaluation showing degree equivalency and subject breakdown should be submitted with the application form.