Accredited Approved Training Programs: Accredited/approved by a governing regulatory association or Ministry. Countries without a prevalent system of accreditation/approval must have programs/educational institutions approved by an International Advisory Board appointed by the ASCP Board of Certification, or eligibility will be determined by transcript evaluation. Training programs which do not grant university credit as part of a Medical Laboratory program will be counted as experience.
Step 1: Download training program documentation form. Refer to eligibility requirements in the Eligibility step for the route number.
- A training program documentation form is not required if your eligibility route is not listed below.
- A training program documentation form is not required if your program is included on your transcript.
- Please download the appropriate training program documentation form.
- International Cytotechnologist, CT(ASCPi)
- International Histotechnician, HT(ASCPi)
- International Histotechnologist, HTL(ASCPi)
- International Medical Laboratory Technician, MLT(ASCPi)
- International Medical Laboratory Scientist, MLS(ASCPi)
- International Phlebotomy Technician, PBT(ASCPi)
- Route 1
- Route 3 You must submit a notarized copy of proof of completion/graduation from your nursing program; or a notarized copy of certificate of completion from the biomedical science program you completed along with your application form.
- International Technologist in Blood Banking, BB(ASCPi)
- International Technologist in Chemistry, C(ASCPi)
- International Technologist in Cytogenetics, CG(ASCPi)
- International Technologist in Gynecologic Cytology, CTgyn(ASCPi)
- International Technologist in Hematology, H(ASCPi)
- International Technologist in Microbiology, M(ASCPi)
- International Technologist in Molecular Biology, MB(ASCPi)
Step 2: Training documentation forms must be completed by your program director (as defined in the eligibility requirements) and attached to a letter of authenticity signed by this individual verifying the authenticity of the form. This letter must be printed on original letterhead and state that the training documentation form was completed by the program director, with the date and signature. Training documentation forms will be audited to verify authenticity. To see a sample Letter of Authenticity, please click here.
Step 3: Training documentation forms and Letters of Authenticity should be sent immediately after completion of the online application via mail, fax, or email to:
33 W. Monroe St., Suite 1600
Chicago, IL 60603-5617
Fax: +1 312.541.4845