ASCP is creating a high impact meeting for evolving professionals through a diverse combination of sessions and faculty. ASCP 2013 Chicago will address current trends in pathology and laboratory medicine while looking beyond the lab to give you new perspectives on the real-world applications of laboratory medicine and pathology around the globe.
Thursday, Sept 19. | 3:15PM—6:15PM
John Goldblum, MD, FASCP
Delve into five soft tissue tumor patterns and apply an algorithmic approach to narrow these diagnostic considerations in this interactive session.
- Identify the major diagnostic considerations for some of the most common patterns in soft tissue tumors including fatty tumors, pleomorphic tumors, spindle cell tumors, and myxoid lesions.
- Utilize molecular techniques in order to distinguish soft tissue tumors which show overlapping morphologic features.
Thursday, Sept 19. | 1:00PM—2:50PM
Liron Pantanowitz, MD, FASCP
Part of the 19 hours of education provided by the Association of Pathology Informatics and co-led by Anil V. Parwani, MD, FASCP, this session will address the growing field of pathology informatics and how it can be incorporated in an anatomical pathology laboratory.
- Feel more comfortable with whole slide imaging and its clinical applications.
- Better leverage the laboratory information system (LIS) to improve the quality of their pathology reporting
Thursday, Sept 19. | 2:15PM—4:05PM
Walid Khalbuss, MD, PhD, FASCP
This workshop, taught by Dr. Khalbuss and Jacqueline M. Cuda, SCT(ASCP)CM, will include live demonstrations of telepatholgy and telecytology in action through the use of remote access to selected cases over the internet with interactive participation from the audience.
- Live demonstrations of intraoperative frozen section consultation, on-site FNA evaluation, and secondary consultation using several modalities
- Review digital imaging and its impact on the field of pathology and cytopathology
Explore our Meeting-At-A-Glance and use our Session Finder to find out more about all the education and events available at the 2013 ASCP Annual Meeting.
View Accreditation Information